We use reporting services to create reports and dashboards containing a wide variety of chart and gauge formats to distill meaning from extensive business data and turn information into answers.
Organizations can collect data from their ERP applications and software and convert this data into information to aid them making strategic decisions.
Vibrant Technologies & Computers develops business intelligence reports for ERP applications and software. Our reporting services include:
- Report development for new or existing ERP applications or software.
- Report testing of existing reports.
- Report migration of existing reports to a new platform.
Our team specializes in report writing across various platforms and has extensive experience in reporting services for critical applications. We have significant experience in a variety of platforms, including SSRS, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and Oracle 11g.
Custom Reporting Portal Development Case Study
The client provides cloud-based software built around client specific platforms to facilitate two-way communication in contexts ranging from market research to civic engagement.
They provide an accessible UI with fully featured modules for survey authoring, community management, discussion forums and reporting.
Our client was looking for a web-based, user-friendly, high-performance and scalable web service to address the end-to-end needs of a survey and statistical analysis reporting portal for researchers.
– Create a high-performance data import utility to import millions of survey records to a database with zero errors.
– Build a high-performance web service, which extracts data from the database and inputs the data to an API-controlled chart that our client had developed in Flash.
– Make the web service multi-threaded to export data using MS Office COM libraries, which are not thread safe.
Divide project into sprints with specific deliverables. Develop and deploy build to staging server after each sprint. Deliver build for user testing.
How Vibrant Technologies Helped
In order to meet the client’s needs, Optimus created and implemented the following:
- A Windows-based data import utility to import large volumes of data to a storage system. This utility initiates a background process which performs the import operation and provides the UI with live import status.
- A reporting website service for the purpose of accessing and laying out survey data from the storage system.
- A flash client into our client’s reporting portal. The flash client uses data returned by various web methods exposed by reporting web services, and it displayed this data using various bar and funnel charts against various other surveys.
- A thread safe export web service to export data provided by the flash client in a multi-threaded environment using MS Office COM libraries.
- A section for the administrator to manage and monitor the portal and various portal users.
The web solution Optimus developed for the client helped both them and their customers improve their operational efficiency and productivity.