HP QuickTest Professional (QTP), an automated functional testing tool that helps testers to perform automated regression testing in order to identify any gaps, errors/defects in contrary to the actual/desired results of the application under test.
- It is an icon based tool that automates the regression and functional testing of an application
- Both technical as well as non-technical tester can use QTP
- It provides both features- Record as well as Playback
- We can test Desktop as well as the Web based applications
- It allows Business Process Testing (BPT)
- QTP is based on scripting language VB script
- It supports largest pool of software development environments like SAP, Oracle etc.
QuickTest is a graphical interface record-playback automation tool. It is able to work with any web, java or windows client application. Quick Test enables you to test standard web objects and ActiveX controls. In addition to these environments, QuickTest Professional also enables you to test Java applets and applications and multimedia objects on Applications as well as standard Windows applications, Visual Basic 6 applications and .NET framework applications…
QTP is Mercury Interactive Functional Testing Tool.
- It may help some companies pre-screen QTP candidates looking for a job.
- Some companies make certifications part of the appraisal process where you get extra points once you have cleared certain certifications.
- Some consultancy projects have criterias whereby they require every resource should be a certified one.
- It increases your probability of placing yourself higher and filters you automatically during a large screening process.Also, it quickly differentiates your skill set and creates a pointer for the interviewer to evaluate you.