What is Oracle Database ?
- Oracle has many built in functions such as decode that make some queries easier to build.
- Oracle is a private company, and some people argue this means that they will deliver releases/fix defects/etc more regularly, since they rely on the income to survive.
- Oracle has PL/SQL, a built in language that is very powerful. You can also have java stored procedures, this is much more powerful then what MySQL offers.
- Oracle has support for sequences, MySQL does not.
- Mysql does not support table snapshots
- Oracle can be customized and tuned, much more then MySQL can.
- Oracle provides Hot Backup/Standby facility, Mysql provides this facility only for selected engines.
- Oracle provides Clustering Mechanism, where as MYSql does not.
- Oracle Provides two way replication, other database provides only one-way replication.
- Oracle provides DB links to connect to a remote Oracle server.
A Certified Oracle Professional is in high demand in today’s marketplace.
The level of demand continues to grow with each new installation of Oracletechnologies around the world. An Oracle Certification raises your visibility and increases your access to the industry’s most challenging opportunities. The demand for professionals in the information technology (IT) industry is high, and the competition for jobs is intense. Individuals, experienced or new to the profession, need to know what skills make them attractive to employers. Employers look for ways to select prospective employees who have the solid foundation of skills needed for effective performance. The Oracle Certification Program helps the IT industry establish a standard of competence in key entry-level and professional job roles.
The Certification Program can give you a distinct advantage. An Oracle Certification is a valuable, industry-recognized credential that signifies a proven level of knowledge and ability. Each higher level of Oracle certification brings a higher standard of benchmarked skill and ability, which leads to greater opportunities and higher pay.
97% said they have benefited from certification
89% said they gained more confidence after becoming certified
96% would recommend the program to a professional colleague