In Automation Testing, Testers Automationly execute test cases without using any automation tools. Automation testing is the most primitive of all testing types and helps find bugs in the software system.
- Automation Testing is a process carried out to find the defects.
- In this method the tester plays an important role as end user and verify all features of the application to ensure that the behavior of the application.
- The Automation Testing is very basic type of testing which helps to find the bugs in the application under test.
It is not possible to automate everything in the Software; however the areas at which user can make transactions such as login form or registration forms etc, any area where large amount of users. can access the Software simultaneously should be automated.
Furthermore all GUI items, connections with databases, field validations etc can be efficiently tested by automating the manual process.
When to automate?
Test Automation should be uses by considering the following for the Software:
- Large and critical projects.
- Projects that require testing the same areas frequently.
- Requirements not changing frequently.
- Accessing the application for load and performance with many virtual users.
- Stable Software with respect to manual testing.
- Availability of time.
How to automate?
Automation is done by using a supportive computer language like vb scripting and an automated software application. There are a lot of tools available which can be use to write automation scripts. Before mentioning the tools lets identify the process which can be used to automate the testing:
- Identifying areas within a software for automation.
- Selection of appropriate tool for Test automation.
- Writing Test scripts.
- Development of Test suits.
- Execution of scripts.
- Create result reports.
- Identify any potential bug or performance issue.